Friday, July 8, 2011

Notorius MR G.


The first time I walked into legendary photographer Ian Golding's studio, I was yelled at.

"YOU'RE MACUSHLA?  I was expecting a 6' African women!"

I wasn't sure if he was seriously disappointed that a freckled faced 5 '7 and a half, kid walked through his door, but I liked him straight away. 





*Image missing from the archives




(I know this because,  I remember I was wearing a green/black stripe top. I will endeavor to track these  missing images down)













I was fortunate enough to work with Ian a number of times in the early days. I learnt basic posing and how to take "direction" . Sometimes it was comically relayed,  occasionally I was just plain scared if I got it wrong, but I enjoyed working with Ian and to this day, he is still one of my favourite photographers and people that I've met on my journey.... Many years down the track, I became his photographic assistant for a while (but thats another story).











 Images © Ian Golding Photography
1992-1993
(more images to follow)




No comments:

Post a Comment